Thursday, June 28, 2012

Good Morning

Good morning.  The rain has let up in Jacksonville.  We are high and dry, and are amazed at what Tropical Storm Debby has done.  The sun is out for the next seven days, and we will even near 100 degrees this weekend.  With the humidity, it will be a doozy.  I am used to this, coming from the Texas Hill Country.  Hi Texas!  Miss you and yours lots.

All the rain has had me busy with needle and thread.  Nothing is ready for final pictures, but I do take them in progress.  I enjoy the documentation, and if ever needed in a court, I am ready.  I did get a couple of canvases gessoed.  They are blank.  We shall see what the weekend nets.

Among the needle arts I have been quilting on a fish quilt, appliqueing tea pots in two sizes, working on some more Sun Bonnet Sue blocks, and lots of embroidery.   Here are some sneak peaks at what is in store for completion.  Many were started before, and am picking them up again to move closer to the finish line.  Some are new.


This is the original, needle turn, applique block I wanted to submit to 100 Blocks Magazine.  It was far too complicated, and is now a block waiting for further developements.  Next time I do these, they will be yellow flowers on a black and white gingham.  Great use of scraps.  Wait until you see the raw edge Bluebonnet applique I just dug out to work on too.





This little tea pot, and the one below are from an old pattern called Nancy's Teapot.  I enlarged it to make a 9" block with the buttonhole applique above.  I will create several in long columns, with a variety of teal backings which read solid. 

The thread used here is a varigated by DMC.  It definately picked up every color in the spot batik.  Perfect.  I have found 2 other fabrics to add to this.  I do not know what will end up around the 3 columns.  When more teapots are ready, then it will time to shop the stash and figure that out.  Ironically, this is a Jacksonville Jaguars color scheme.  Not a sport fan myself, someone is sure to key in on this here, lol.

***


The one below is one an background to create a mock 9 patch.  The little teapot isn't more than 3" tall.  I am still finding all the fabrics for the miniature.  I am up to 6 so far.  They are all cream prints.


No comments:

Post a Comment